The Broxbourne Winter Night Shelter has started and is running until 3rd March.
Praise God that the night shelter has started well. For the first week, there were two guests, both very grateful for a warm bed for at night. Three guests at the beginning of the second week, with more potentially coming soon. The volunteers have worked well together, and there has been a good atmosphere at each venue.
Please pray for each new guest as they arrive, that they will feel welcomed and valued.
Pray also for the volunteers, that they will enjoy the experience and for the venue coordinators, that they will have the stamina they need for the full 8 weeks.
Our Winter Night Shelter starts next week! For more information see the WNS webpage.
Each week we shall be circulating prayer points - here are the prayer points for the first week:
PRAYER POINTS FOR THE WINTER NIGHT SHELTER
The Winter Night Shelter will be starting on Monday 7th January and running for 8 weeks.
Please pray for the following:
* For the final preparations, that all will go smoothly.
* For the venue coordinators at each of the seven venues: Waltham Cross Baptist Church, St Joseph’s Waltham Cross, Wormley Free Church, Elim Life Church, Hoddesdon, St Cuthbert’s Church, Hoddesdon, St Augustine’s Church, Broxbourne, St Augustine’s RC Church, Hoddesdon
* For all the volunteers, as they start out on this new role
* For effective communication between those in need and those at the council so that guests for the night shelter are appropriately matched up to the venues.
* For each guest who comes, that they will feel welcomed and valued
* For an atmosphere of peace, love, warmth and encouragement at each venue.
A big thank you to all who helped at our various Christmas activities this year. It was fantastic to be part of Hoddesdon Loves Christmas, both the craft activity/prayer tree during the day and the parade in the evening (what a success that was, never seen so many people!) with our star. The Lebkuchen distribution was again a great success, it was lovely to return back to local businesses we gave them too last year and to extend it to Broxbourne and Wormley as well.